About the role
We are looking for an enthusiastic and adaptable individual to join our business as Mechanical Prototyping and Test Engineer. This is an excellent opportunity for you to join our exciting technology startup at a crucial time in its growth.
We are at the final stages of development and certification of our CALMFLOOR® product and working along our pathway to achieving ISO9001 certification. You will take an active role in carrying out design and evaluation of components required for both this product and our future offerings. This will be a highly varied role, working through technical problem solving, product analysis and design and development of documentation required for regulatory compliance.
We accommodate flexible and remote working where possible, though some aspects of this position will require an on-site presence.
Job title: Mechanical Prototyping and Test Engineer
Salary: £25,000 to £40,000 per annum depending on experience
Benefits: Generous pension scheme, up to 9% matched contributions
Location: Colyton, Devon, GB
Job type: Permanent, full time
As part of a small and highly dynamic team, you will be expected to take on a range of responsibilities and challenges. Key responsibilities will be to:
- Use Solidworks to design new mechanical components, perform computational analyses as required, such as stress analysis, fatigue analysis etc
- Produce fabrication drawings, assembly drawings, and other documentation as required
- Design and run experiments to determine optimal component choices as part of new product development, using a range of sensors and data acquisition tools
- Run tests of assemblies for fault finding and to ensure robust performance
- Analyse test results using appropriate tools, such as Python
- Produce test reports and other appropriate documentation for presentation to management and inclusion within regulatory compliance documents
- Develop assembly procedures in line with ISO9001 principles, through physical assembly of small volume of units
- Support supply chain management
Qualifications and experience
- Higher education engineering degree or equivalent qualification
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Good IT skills, including office packages
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Enthusiastic and proactive, with good attention to detail
FSDA is committed to developing, maintaining and supporting a culture of equality, diversity and inclusion in its workforce, and eliminating discrimination of any kind. Our aim is for our workforce to be truly representative of all sectors of society and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best. We oppose and avoid all forms of unlawful discrimination related to the Equality Act 2010 protected characteristics of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race (including colour, nationality, and ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
About FSD Active Limited
At FSD Active Limited we value passion, technical excellence and innovation and a drive to solve real world problems. We are focused on the development of advanced new technology for controlling vibrations in buildings. There is a huge market potential for this technology, which can reduce the carbon footprint of new buildings and is a key sustainable technology to contribute to Carbon Net Zero construction.
Founded in 2020, we have worked hard to develop the CALMFLOOR® damping system, which we are now bringing to the mass market. We are expanding our team to accelerate all aspects of our growth, especially our business development and marketing activities.
Send a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, highlighting your key skills and experience from previous relevant roles and education. Applications must be received by 18 March 2022 and we aim to interview candidates in the week commencing 21 March 2022.
For an informal discussion please contact Emma Hudson on 07365 439 420.